CityWalk has many great attributes – gorgeous homes, distinctive Lowcountry architecture, and a great view of Battery Creek. But one of its biggest advantages is its walkability. Located a little over a mile from everything in historic downtown Beaufort, CityWalk offers its residents a wealthy of activities and resources. In fact, all you have to do is open your front door, pick a direction and start walking… an adventure is sure to follow!
- Play tour guide. Living near the water means you will have visitors aplenty, so take them on a tour of Historic Beaufort. All you have to do is head for the Visitor’s Center for a map, and then decide if you want to walk or ride.
- Head for the bay. Departing daily from the Downtown Marina, Beaufort offers river tours, fly fishing charters, kayaking, and more. Playful dolphins and stately ospreys will accompany you as you explore the salt marsh.
- Visit the Farmers Market in Pigeon Point Park. Every Wednesday from May – September, take your pick of fresh local produce, home baked and canned foods, and more.
- Find unique gifts. Family & friends will delight in the truly unique gifts you find for them. River glass, ceramics, custom clothing, local delicacies… you’ll find plenty of ways to share our local flavor.
- A day at the museum. Grab a friend and head for one of our museums. Whether you like contemporary art, local history, lowcountry architecture or maritime oddities, Beaufort has a museum, gallery or collection to fill your days.
- Support the local economy. Buy local. There is a vast array of shops in and around Beaufort. Whether you’re buying antiques or appliances, furniture or fish, books or baubles, you’re sure to find a shop here that sells what you’re looking for.