One of the best parts about living at City Walk, just steps away from downtown Beaufort, SC, is being so close to the local mom and pop restaurants! Where should you eat when visiting, or even spending your first night in your new home in City Walk? Here’s a few to get you started…
- Boundary Street Café. A great local spot with healthy options – including vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free! Everything’s made from scratch, and features local ingredients. There are Lowcountry specialties like shrimp & grits, as well as unique salads and sandwiches. If you can’t decide, try the chicken and waffles!
- Breakwater Restaurant and Bar. Featuring ‘New Southern Cuisine’, this elegant spot takes a contemporary approach to traditional Lowcountry cuisine and Carolina coast seafood. The chefs believe in using seasonal, locally-sourced ingredients whenever possible, creating simple, honest food.
- Plums. A local favorite since 1986, Plums is known for an ever-changing menu that combines seasonal, fresh & local ingredients in global dishes. From giant colorful salads to seafood, pastas and steaks, Plums is creative, all-around good food. And when you want a cool treat, stop by for their locally made ice cream.
- The Old Bull Tavern. This friendly neighborhood gastropub features a fluctuating, market-based menu of European comfort foods, innovative cocktails, and select craft beers and wines in bottle and on tap. This is where the locals go to hang out and unwind.
- Wren Bistro & Bar. Relaxing yet upscale, Wren serves delectable dishes made with locally grown ingredients, as well as unique micro brews, and carefully selected wines. From seafood to pasta to sandwiches to salads, you’ll be back again and again.
Whether you’re looking for farm to table, vegetarian, or your classic pub food, we’ve got everything to fit your wants and needs here in downtown Beaufort, SC! Come and taste for yourself!